The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea and we do this in a number of ways one of which is the seasonal employment of our RNLI lifeguard service around the UK.
The Lincolnshire coast has four beaches in the area between Mablethorpe and Skegness and each year we employ a number of lifeguards to oversee beach users in order to supervise, educate and when necessary provide rescue. The role of a lifeguard is varied with the opportunity to learn vital skills that you can take on to future careers such as high level first aid skills and operational leadership.
Much of what we do is proactive and preventative so attention to detail and a good eye for spotting dangers is a good trait to have.
The RNLI has a long standing history of aiding those in a sea based environment and this is something we will endeavour to continue to do into the future and look at new and innovative ways to reduce further preventable loss of life at sea.
- Able to swim 400m in under 7 minutes and 30 seconds
- Able to swim the first 200m of the swim in 3 minutes 30 seconds
- Able to run 200m in under 40 seconds on sand
- Able to swim 25m under water and 25m back in under 50 seconds
- Valid Beach lifeguard award (or intention to attend a course)
- Subject to DBS requirements
East of England, North East England
Contract and working hours
Temporary · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 20
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 04/03/2018